Possible powertrains - Lincoln Nautilus Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Possible powertrains

While Lincoln hasn't confirmed what powertrains we'll see in the Nautilus, we can assume since its largely based off the MKX, that we will likely see two different turbocharged engine options. A 245hp 2.0 liter four and a 335hp 2.7 V6, which will both be paired to an 8 speed automatic. It looks like that 8 speed tranny will yet again feature a vertical push button gear selector.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Think the engines will be tuned to deliver different outputs? Can't imagine that Lincoln will leave the engines as is and have their own models fight each other for customers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Well the Nautilus is replacing the current MKX, and on that model the 2.7 V6 is an additional option. The standard engine only produces 303hp.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:40 AM

Will the 2.7L engine be only direct injected (was previously) or will it have dual injection? The carbon deposit build-up on intake valves of all direct injected engines is a problem for all manufacturers over time. Turbos make it build up sooner. I saw that Ford is the leader in adding injectors into the intake manifold in some current engines. It is a better way to go, dual injection over direct injection.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attle View Post
Will the 2.7L engine be only direct injected (was previously) or will it have dual injection? The carbon deposit build-up on intake valves of all direct injected engines is a problem for all manufacturers over time. Turbos make it build up sooner. I saw that Ford is the leader in adding injectors into the intake manifold in some current engines. It is a better way to go, dual injection over direct injection.
I was a little disappointed to learn that the F-150's now have GDI and port injection and the Lincoln doesn't. My guess is that it will be added in 2020 or 2021.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page