Transmission Jerk - Page 2 - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:08 AM

Jerking getting worse

Good Morning! New Forum member here. Wanted to join this thread due to same jerky transmission issues. Had it in for a software update in May. It seemed to get better but then the jerking and clunking started again. I am taking it in for an oil change and asking for assistance with this problem but a new problem has started on the Nautilus. About once a week when I put it in drive and push on the gas, it hesitates and jerks a few times. I take my foot off the gas and then try again and it performs correctly.

In my opinion the Nautilus is way to expensive of a car to have these issues. Let us know if anyone has received a new fix for these problems with the transmission.

Other than this issue, I LOVE my Nautilus, especially the massaging seats. It sure makes long distance travel much nicer.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:12 PM

Sounds like there is good news. I called my Lincoln dealer today to set up my first service appointment and talked to the service manager. He said that they were just informed that there was a fix for this known issue and that he would be sure that it is done when my car is in for servicing. My guess is that it's a software update.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:09 PM

It is a software update.
Gurgeh and ForMyWifey like this.

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Hi All,
We have the same issue with a 2019 Edge Titanium with the 2.0L engine. Researched all that we could and found TSB 19-2103 that defined what we had experienced with jerky shifts and lags. Just had this TSB done and it solved all of our problems! Now the Edge performs as it should so this might also be something for you to consider
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 01:27 PM

I have 5,500 miles on mine and have noticed this same herky jerky motion at low speeds and a slight vibration at highway speeds that might be related?
The TSB that I’m aware of just came out in November, TSB 19-2331 its also a software update. Not sure it the one above relates to this one or not? Either way, I will be taking it in for the update. I know for a fact, it can take up to 500 miles and sometimes more for the relearn software in our newer transmissions to settle in. 😉
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 07:25 PM

Just had it in for its first oil change. Told my SM about the TSB for the jerking. He said he’d have his trans guy check it out. Sure enough the intermittent jerking happened when he was driving it and he noticed the hard shift into drive and reverse From park, he said there was a TSB for that as well. So after the updates and reflash I drove it today and noticed a marked difference on how it shifts and drives. So far pleased with this update.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page