Transmission Jerk - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Transmission Jerk

Does anyone have an issue with their transmission. I have the v6 engine. The transmission has an intermittent jerking while shifting. There was a TSB on this for earlier built cars and Lincoln supposedly fixed the issue. I am being told that this transmission has a learning period to determine how you drive. Told the service manager that was crazy. My wife drives totally different from me. So how does it learn from two different drivers. Could not answer that question. Lincoln engineering told the dealer that I have to put at least 500 miles on the car. I also found out that if your battery dies or disconnected, the learning process starts all over. Any comments would be appreciated.
Phoebe'sRide likes this.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:54 PM

..I had my battery recently replaced and the only learning that I was warned from the dealer was that the tires needed to be run for a a few miles before the reading on the dash was accurate,,,,I did and the proper reading came back within 3 miles...I never noticed anything else needed adjustment...my 2 cents...good luck,,,
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:12 PM

The learning process for driving habits (and being reset with a battery disconnect) is probably true. It's that way on other Ford vehicles (Explorer for example).

Have not noticed that issue with ours, but we do notice some jerkiness when releasing the brake and the car restarts from auto-stop. It seems to be worse if you quickly move from brake to accelerator.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM

I have to admit, my transmission has been very jerky lately. Had the car for months and itís gotten worse over time. If it learned, it learned wrong...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:20 AM

I have this exact same issue, reprogramming power control module is working for some people but not all. I am holding out to see if their is an additional fix to come. I also started having clunking sounds when in park when I move into drive or reverse (but not all the time).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Phoebe'sRide likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:48 PM

You all aren't alone with this issue. Several Edge ST owners have similar complaints. Mine is still good so far. It hasn't figured out the owner's jerky boy driving habits yet but it has next to nothing for accumulated mileage at this point.
One owner cleared the adaptive tables for the Transmission Control Module and hasn't had any issues since.

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/...comment-201529

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Well another issue has occurred. Now on occasion, when I go from reverse to drive, it bangs into gear. Anyone else? Is there a cure? By the way, transmission still has the jerking when shifting. Now 800 miles. Waiting for 1k before I bring it in. I don't want to hear that it needs more mileage to learn how to shift...

Last edited by Flatfoot; 07-26-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM

I'd take it in and have it looked at by the dealership. None of the armchair mechanics here (myself included ) are going to provide you with an accurate diagnosis of what is ailing your vehicle.

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:30 PM

I've had this issue and recently had the dealer look at it (clunk from reverse to drive, slow shifts between 1st and 2nd). I don't know what they did as I used the pickup / drop off service so I didn't get any paperwork, but for now the issue seems to be resolved.

2019 Nautilus Reserve V6, 22 way seats, magnetic grey
2007 Corvette convertible
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2000 Ford Excursion PowerStroke
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:10 PM

I have close to 4000 miles on my V6 and the tranny has been jerking for the last 2500 miles at least maybe sooner. Seems to be worse when I do not come to a complete stop, like when a red light I am approaching turns green before I get there. I think it is 2nd or 3rd gear. Not happy. Also at a right turn is I do not come to a complete stop.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page