Using Stop and Go in heavy traffic - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinplate

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Using Stop and Go in heavy traffic

On my way to the airport, I got caught in rush hour traffic. 4 lanes of stop and go. I decided to try the Stop and Go feature in the Adaptive Cruise Control option. When I was completely stopped, I turned on the Adaptive Cruise Control then pressed the Resume button, and the speed was automatically set to 20MPH. Took my foot off the brake and again pressed the resume button when the car in front of me began moving. I started to follow and picked up speed. As the vehicle in front started to brake, my Nautilus slowed down and came to a complete stop. If I was just momentarily stopped, and the car in front started moving, then my car would continue to follow. If I stopped for about 4-5 seconds, I would need to touch Resume when the car in front started to go.

A couple of comments. The whole process does not flow very smoothly. If the Gap setting is 3-4 bars, then you get too much distance with the lead car. This allows cars from other lanes to cut in front causing my nautilus to rapidly slow down. I think a gap setting of 1 is your best bet. Because I started from a dead stop, I was limited to 20MPH, not sure how it works at a cruise setting of 65?

Has anyone else tried the stop and go feature, If so what are your thoughts?

Mike
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:51 AM

There is no "stop and go function" in the adaptive cruise control options according to the manual. The manual does however explain that the adaptive cruise times out after 3 seconds if the vehicle is not in motion. Adaptive cruise is intended for use on the highway and not stop and go traffic.

Perhaps the US models differ from the Canadian models in this respect. If that's the case I'm okay with the omission of the feature as the logic for having it escapes me.

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Hi Hand filer
Thanks for your comments. A better explanation of this feature can be found in you-tube. Type in Lincoln Nautilus Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go.
Mike
I do agree it’s a feature I will not use.....
hand-filer likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinplate View Post
Hi Hand filer
Thanks for your comments. A better explanation of this feature can be found in you-tube. Type in Lincoln Nautilus Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go.
Mike
I do agree it’s a feature I will not use.....

Hey there Tinplate,
I have to backtrack on my previous post. My Nautilus does in fact have this feature. I cant find any reference to it in the manual by that name but it's mentioned on my build & price printout.

Maybe in another year or two I'll have a full command of all of the features.

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page