New 2020 Nautilus Purchase (Soon) - Engine? - Lincoln Nautilus Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

New 2020 Nautilus Purchase (Soon) - Engine?

Hi all - brand new to the Forum and hopefully soon a 2020 Nautilus ownership (it's actually going to be my wife's new car!).

Took a demo out yesterday for a long test drive (in a blinding snowfall and must say the AWD handled really well).

Today the roads were pretty clear so I got a sense of how the car will drive in more normal road conditions.

The demo has the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine and found that from a normal standing start the engine power seems a bit sluggish off the mark and when (gently) continuing to accelerate to 20-30 mph the engine/tranny combo seemed to be struggling a bit, with the engine seeming to rev a bit higher than I'm used to (in other cars).

It's the only thing that bothers me a bit about the car - and with that in mind I'm looking at upgrading to the 2.7 liter V6 - but haven't yet had the opportunity to test drive the bigger engine.

The cost of the v6 upgrade (including I think a different (better??) transmission) is quite significant so I'm wondering if that combo is a lot better and worth the extra $$$...

Would greatly appreciate any experiences and advice on this - and for that matter any overall (+/-) feedback on the car.

Thanks and regards, Glen
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 09:19 AM

I was in the same boat when I test drove the Nautilus. The demo was a 4 cyl which I found adequate but I decided to order the 6 cyl and am so glad I did. I just like the extra performance (and yes, it's very noticeable). Is it worth the extra $2k? - **** yeah! LOL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 10:53 PM

Get the 2.7. You wont regret the decision.

2019 Lincoln Nautilus 2.7 Reserve,
2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 TVS
1999 H-D Lowrider
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Many thanks for your encouraging comments on the V6 upgrade - my heart was leaning in that direction so I guess now that also includes my check book !

I understand from the sales guy that stepping up to the V6 also includes a "better" tranny and adaptive suspension, which I imagine adds to the overall better performance/experience.

Interesting however (I'm in Toronto Canada) that the V6 option cost here is $4K Cdn, which is just over $3K US - plus in addn our 13% sales tax - meaning a total addl amount of $4520 Cdn!
Hey, it's only money but am surprised the V6 cost here in the northern latitudes is quite a bit more costly than in the US!
Am hoping (and counting on) the dealer having some good flexibility in the overall pricing... ;-)

Thanks again - and do you have any other words of advice and wisdom on buying the 2020 Nautilus and features to include (or not include). We're pretty much loading it up , maybe not with the ultra comfort massage seats...

Cheers, Glen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:13 PM

I read somewhere that the 2020 v6 option required AWD to be included as well. I believe that was a $1500 upgrade for the 2019 models, so that might account for the additional cost in the engine upgrade.

2019 Nautilus Reserve V6, 22 way seats, magnetic grey
2007 Corvette convertible
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2000 Ford Excursion PowerStroke

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page