Can Black Label and/or Reserve Trims be retrofitted with 18" Select Wheels? - Lincoln Nautilus Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Can Black Label and/or Reserve Trims be retrofitted with 18" Select Wheels?

A question about retrofitting wheel size . . . as in from 21" to 18" wheels.

It is noted that a purchase option for Select is change the Select 18" wheels to 20" wheels. Likewise, it is noted that a purchase option for Reserve is change the Reserve 20" wheels to 21" wheels.

I would prefer the 18" wheels. This preference is a deal-breaker for me, that prevents me from considering the Reserve Trim that comes with 20" and Black Label Trim that comes with 21".

If I were to get a Black Label, is it safe to have a Lincoln dealer retrofit from 21" BL-wheels to 18" Select wheels?

Likewise, the same question of if I were to get a Reserve, is it safe to have a Lincoln dealer retrofit from 20" Reserve wheels to 18" Select wheels?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 AM

I can tell you from experience that you can't order a Reserve with the smaller tires - I tried. Will a dealer swap with a basic or select he has on the lot? Maybe. Is it safe? I'm pretty sure it is but your speedo may be off a little. Regardless of my preference for the 18's I really like and am enjoying my Reserve with the 20's. Talk to a dealer and see what they'll do for you. Good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:05 PM

When I making my Black Label factory order I talked to my dealership about swapping the 21" wheels for 20". They said they could do this. It would technically be an aftermarket purchase, but there's nothing wrong with that and no danger to the warranty. They had found someone planning to order a Reserve and offered him free upgrade wheels upon delivery (and for me, it would be free 20" replacement wheels). But in the end, once I saw the fan-jet-style Black Label 21" rims, I just fell in love with them. The ride on the 21" is plenty comfortable (though I'm sure it would be even more so on the 20" or 18" rims), but those big wheels are more subject to curb rash and the tires more subject to pothole damage. I did end up taking out the (very affordable) tire/rim insurance to salve my mind.

Not every dealership, however, would go to the bother like East West Lincoln was willing to do. This is, in fact, a good test to see if your dealership is willing to go above and beyond to serve a client.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page