Updating Sync 3.3 to Sync 3.4 - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kasey

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Updating Sync 3.3 to Sync 3.4

Has anyone out there with a 2019 Nautilus updated your Sync 3.3 system it came with, to the 2020 Nautilus Sync 3.4? I have it downloaded and on a flash drive, but would like to know a little more about what to expect in the update. I have questions such as:
Can you keep the nice golden/brown color on your screen? Or does it turn to the Ford blue color like is on my Ford Ranger 3.4 system?
Can you see the time and temp in one of the dash displays on either side of the speedometer?

On our 2019, we get a notification box each time it starts up stating "Location and vehicle data sharing is enabled. Press the data sharing icon in the status bar view connectivity settings. . . ."
This box will never clear itself on its own without us tapping on OK. Does it timeout and clear off by itself on the 3.4 system that came with the 2020?

Thanks in advance for some answers to these questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20200706_110108.jpg (103.4 KB, 17 views)
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2020, 06:55 PM

I just noticed that today, It must have downloaded automatically on wifi. I didn't update it. So I decided to check out this forum to see what was going on with it.
Anyway, I thought my display went bad. It is just a washed out tan or blue color. Very boring. The menus seem nearly the same, there was a message the first time I turned it on, but only once.
This is what it is now, but v. 3.3 was more colorful and I liked it more, so far.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 09:26 PM

Sync 3.4 is ugly

I just updated my 2019 Nautilus to Sync 3.4
Several things "out of the box":

1. The display color scheme is fairly ugly but clear and readable.
2. The fonts on the map display are larger than they used to be. In my opinion they're too large and take up too much real estate on the display.
3. The map display has ugly fields where information is displayed. These fields are opaque and obscure the map leaving way to little of it to be seen. The same information used to be displayed as text on top of the map not obscuring it.
I hope these things can be corrected with adjustments. As it is now I'm sorry I updated.
I wish they would change the daylight map display which lacks contrast but this didn't change.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 01:38 PM

Angry SYNC update is UGLY!

I called for service because this new screen showed up unannounced, and it's horrible. Thought is defaulted to some kind of safe mode without graphics. Hopefully they do another update soon.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 08:25 PM

Update:

Since I upgraded to Sync 3.4 the car started stuttering - whenever it says something there is a pause, mostly in the middle of a word. The pauses are short but noticeable and extremely annoying. I also noticed that now loading the maps takes a VERY long time. Between starting the car and it being ready for map display or navigation it takes close to a minute.
It feels to me like the processor is busy and so every function is slowed down.

I hope they correct the bugs and issue an update really soon. It's a shame that Ford can't produce abug free piece of software.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 PM

The change to the map display is terrible. Very little actual "map" shows anymore and the information displayed in the new larger font is duplicated in the instrument cluster anyway.

It looks to me like it was designed for a wider display so that the black box with remaining miles and arrival time would be up on the same line as the green next turn instructions.

I very much doubt they will do anything to better support our relatively tiny screens. Not thrilled.
nkmnkm likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page