Finally! Our Nautilus is home! - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 12Likes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Finally! Our Nautilus is home!

Question for those that might know, because I cannot figure this one out. We took possession of a Nautilus that we didn't order, and it came with the "Cargo Utility Package". I've looked at the Lincoln site, the order guide (from blueovalforums) and the owners manual, but cannot figure out if the 110V outlet that is included in this package is the one of the back of the center console between the front seats, or if there is supposed to be one at the back of the vehicle? At the rear there is only a 12V outlet and the buttons to fold the rear seats.

Anyone know?

So far the vehicle is good, although it has to go back to the dealer to get a few things fixed. Driver's side door headliner is not staying up and hangs below the door seal, and we had the dealer remove the front license plate bracket, however there was a mark where it came into contact with the bumper so they are going to fix that.
Gurgeh and Nauti-Res like this.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:05 PM

...Congratulations and enjoy the car to the fullest...but I can not help noticed..if it is an ordered vehicle how come the front license plate base is installed..can one request a deletion?...why didn't the dealer noticed the headliner issue?...and show the buyer that as a "good dealer" we are telling you ahead of time rather than the customer noticing it and pointing it to us....
..somebodys ass should be kicked!!!...after all it is only their job!!!!
Nauti-Res likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Because the one we ordered was hit by a FEDEX truck in their parking lot, sustained about $3000-4000 of damage and we refused it. They dealer traded for another similar vehicle that came out of IL (which has front plates).

I feel sorry for whoever buys the car we ordered, because the damage will never show up on a CARFAX report. Learned that dirty little secret that the dealer doesnt have to report the damage, and if the future buyer never asks, they wont be told.
svofan1 and Nauti-Res like this.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:36 AM

Kirby,
I ended up getting a Nautilus with the Cargo Utility Package as well, also didn't order it. Turns out my factory ordered vehicle was so delayed that my dealer ordered a second one in what he thought was the same specs to see if it could get here earlier. Ends up they arrived on the same truck. The second one came with the Cargo Utility Package (a mistake on the Dealer's part in the reorder) and I decided I liked the rubber cargo mat that came with it so chose that one instead (I didn't get charged for the addition). But to answer your question, I had always thought the Package was just mats and a net. I'll have to go out later and look for a plug in back, though I don't remember ever seeing one. I do use the plug in back just behind the arm rest quite a bit for charging up my tablet and phone, but had always assumed that was standard.

Anyways, congratulations!
Nauti-Res likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

As far as I can tell from re-reading the order guide and owners manual, there are 4 12V power points standard, and no 110V standard. So it has to be the one on the center console. Its a good place to have it, just seems like a really odd inclusion in a "cargo" package that implies rear of vehicle.

The rubber mat is just the underside of the carpeted one correct? Not a whole different mat?
Gurgeh and Nauti-Res like this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
As far as I can tell from re-reading the order guide and owners manual, there are 4 12V power points standard, and no 110V standard. So it has to be the one on the center console. Its a good place to have it, just seems like a really odd inclusion in a "cargo" package that implies rear of vehicle.

The rubber mat is just the underside of the carpeted one correct? Not a whole different mat?
I may be getting confused on the options. The cargo package I ended up with included rubber mats in both the front and back seating areas plus a very large, great fitting, and high quality rubber mat covering the entire cargo area. I really like them as I don't have garage parking and Maryland winters get very slushy, always alternating between daytime thaws and nighttime freezes. I received both the regular reversible cargo mat and cloth passenger floor mats as well, both stored now in my basement.

But come to think of it, those might not be a part of any cargo option but are instead a simple (and not too expensive when ordered along with the vehicle) factory order of all-weather mats.

I know my cargo package included a nice rubber bumper protection strip (with "Nautilus" written on it) on the top side of the bumper with an aluminum skid pad behind it. I remember when I was first ordering there were two cargo options, and kept getting very confused on their differences, overlaps, and what parts of them might be standard with different trim levels.
Nauti-Res likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:07 PM

Speaking about mats, is anyone here going with aftermarket mats from brands like Weather Tech or just staying OEM?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger.l View Post
Speaking about mats, is anyone here going with aftermarket mats from brands like Weather Tech or just staying OEM?
If you are doing a factory order, order the OEM mats -- which are absolutely first rate -- as a factory option. They are much cheaper that way than getting them as an after market purchase from the parts department. That said, I know many folks like the more affordable Weather Techs as after market options. They may be great, but I can't imagine them being better.
Nauti-Res likes this.

Last edited by Gurgeh; 06-01-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:03 AM

..I stayed OEM because they appear to be perfect and good quality and for what I apid for that package (I think $250) it was worth it..Weathertec are great but too expensive when compare with the Lincoln ones and they also has the Lincoln logo....I like them...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Could one of you with the OEM winter mats take a photo of them in the car? Just curious to see how they look installed. Our replacement didnt come with the mat package, so being in Michigan, I will need some winter mats in about 2 months.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page