No adaptive suspension - Lincoln Nautilus Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

No adaptive suspension

Not a good first post but looking for someone in same situation. Traded our 2019 Nautilus Reserve 2.0T AWD for same thing in a 2020 to avoid Illinois sales taxes going up. Thought I got exact same car. On way home from dealership tried to get in Ride Control screen to set it up like the 2019. Screen was not there. Called dealership the next day and they said would look at it when they picked it up to program door keycode and put on front license plate bracket. Had written a note about not being able to access ride control which Lincoln calls adaptive suspension. Car was returned and on service ticket was noted could not access ride control because vehicle did not have adaptive suspension. I had done my homework and window sticker clearly states adaptive suspension as standard equipment. Called dealership and asked salesman to check to see what was going on. Anyone else notice their 2020 does not have adaptive suspension. I liked it on our 2019.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 11:30 PM

.....maybe...just maybe.. that situation could be because you were driving and most parameters do not accept changes while vehicle is in motion...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Did not matter if stopped or driving-no ride control screen to get into and dealer tech wrote on repair ticket no adaptive suspension on unit!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 11:39 PM

...boy..that is a good one....if you say that the option shows in your window sticker...call Lincoln assist and pose that one to them..I am curious of your results...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Update-Sent a letter to Lincoln about my lack of adaptive suspension. Got a call today from a customer service rep at Lincoln that told me he had indeed checked and my vehicle does not have adaptive suspension and that I would have had to order the 2.7 engine to get it. Explained to him my 2019 equipped with the 2.0 had it and I bought my 2020 with exact same package. Pointed out to him the window sticker does indeed say it has adaptive suspension, His reply was that it was a typo. Offered me extended warranty which I explained did me no good as we traded before warranty runs out. Then offered extended maintenance which I explained already came on the lincoln for 3 years. All he could say was sorry. So going back to my dealer on Monday who we have very good relationship with. Pointed out that dealer has two other new Nautilus on lot with 2.0 and window sticker is wrong on them. Going to demand either a refund for the cost of suspension or new vehicle with it as we purchased.
ForMyWifey likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:23 AM

...really unbelievable!!!...good luck to you...but I dont think neither of your choices will be honor...take the maintenance..unless you paid for it....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:16 PM

I would think that if the window sticker states the feature is present, but it is not on the car, that Lincoln would either have to add the feature at their expense or agree to buy back the car.

2019 Nautilus Reserve V6, 22 way seats, magnetic grey
2007 Corvette convertible
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2000 Ford Excursion PowerStroke
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 11:26 PM

...that will never happen.....they offer you a couple of additional options to keep you happy and THAT is it!!!!! .......
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 04:17 PM

Did you watch this. https://youtu.be/KNmHq5M9aWk
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 11:55 PM

...sorry I think that there is a misunderstanding on my part..my 2019...has an option to to change driving suspension between COmFORT,NORMAL and SPORT (I think)...but not what it shows in the video..now you got me curious..lol....I know I use the comfort driving all the time.....maybe what you show is another option that "looks" ahead the pavement and adapts the suspension....l dont have that

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page