Lincoln Nautilus Forum

Lincoln Nautilus Forum (https://www.nautilusforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.nautilusforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member from Wetumpka, AL and Custom Order Submitted (https://www.nautilusforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146)

Nauti-Res 05-24-2019 09:09 AM

New Member from Wetumpka, AL and Custom Order Submitted

Hey all! Just found these forums and registered. I was looking for a forum through Tapatalk and about to give up as I could not find a Lincoln Nautilus one. Glad I gave the old Google search a try, too! We ordered a 2019 Lincoln Nautlius Reserve AWD with as many bells and whistles as I could find. We opted for the Ingot Silver Metallic exterior with Slate interior and upgraded the engine to the 2.7L Twin Turbo V6. We added the Technology Package (360 Degree Camera/Active Park Assist/Front Parking Sensor), Driver Assist Package (Lane Keeping System/Adaptive Cruise Control/Adaptive Steering), Ultimate Package (21-inch Premium-Painted, Ultra-Bright Machined-Aluminum Wheels/LED Headlamps/19 Speaker Revel Ultima Audio System), Trailer Tow Package, and the Cargo Utility Package. The order went in on 8 April 2019 and we have already received the VIN from our dealer. According to our salesperson, it slotted to be built the week of 10 Jun 2019. We're now being told to expect deliver around 1 Jul 2019. We're pretty excited to take delivery!

hand-filer 05-24-2019 11:58 AM

Welcome to the forum Nauti-Res.

Mine was ordered March 13th and is scheduled to be built May 31 and delivered early July. Your dealer might be a little optimistic on the delivery date. Rail shipments are the biggest bottleneck for delivery these days.

Use this link to see your window sticker. They are available approximately 1 week prior to the build day.

https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numb...r/Lincoln.html

PS. You're missing a couple of gears on your signature.

Gurgeh 05-24-2019 12:56 PM

Welcome! I've had my Nautilus two and a half months now and love it. Mine is outfitted like yours but with the base seats, no towing, and Black Label trim.

I thought I had gotten the tech package mainly for the front sensors, but found the parking assist works like a charm and I use it more than I had expected, but the 360 camera I use every day. It makes fitting in parking spaces a snap!

And as for the Drivers Assist Package, that is worth every penny. I took one long road trip so far and spent most of it with adaptive cruise turned on and lane centering active. It took a few hours to get comfortable driving with lane centering but once I had I found it very helpful. I was concerned that the combination of adaptive cruise (more of a quantum leap over normal cruse control as normal cruise is over regular highway driving) and lane centering might sap my attention from the road, but oddly I found it to be the opposite. It freed me up to pay more attention to other things that I might otherwise not see or react to a little late. Can't really describe it, but try the combo out -- but give it time! -- and you might like it as much as I did.

Gurgeh 05-24-2019 01:02 PM

Oh, and BTW there are a couple of other sites you might also find worthwhile (though for Nautilus info this one might be the best, now that it has gotten its legs and increased membership due to rising Naut sales). One if for both the MKX and Nautilus. It can be found at www.lincolnmkxforum.com. Another is the premier Ford site. It is mostly talk about larger Ford stuff, but plenty chat there as well on Lincoln. It can be found at www.blueovalforums.com.

On Facebook, there are a couple of pages that might interest you. One is a Nautilus page, www.facebook.com/groups/LincolnNautilus/. Another, called "Everything Lincoln", covers all Lincoln vehicles, but it is a wonderfully chatty and friendly site with lots of good info. That can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/304554249975228/

Again, welcome and congrats.

Tinplate 05-25-2019 08:02 AM

Hey Gurgeh
I agree wholeheartedly about the 360 degree camera and the lane centering features. With regards to the lane centering and adaptive cruise control, it does take some time to get used to. It also takes a little courage to give up control. But once you get the hang of it, it is awesome. Although, I keep getting the warning lite to put my hands back on the steering wheel, which they already are...
Wait till you try the parallel park feature, that rocks.
Next I want to try the stop and go feature in traffic.😁
Mike

svofan1 05-26-2019 11:19 AM

Hi guys..and congrats handfiller, enjoy the beast with pleasure!! ...now my question,,,I do not have adaptive cruise control, which I believe is part of a package that I do not have, but the other night I did get a message to "keep my hands on the wheel.." (only word missing ..idiot keep..etc)..
Am I right or did I see something that is was not there....because I never paid for the adaptive cruise control package..or...is it possible that this "keep hands on wheel" is also included in the 360 assist that is part of all Lincoln and I guess some Ford models...ahhh...happy Memorial day to ALL our armed forces heroes..they are ALL heroes..they keep us all safe....

Gurgeh 05-26-2019 01:40 PM

If you go into settings on the steering wheel, does it give you the option of activating adaptive cruise control? If not, you don't have it.

svofan1 05-27-2019 12:29 AM

.Yes I did and you are correct I dont have that parameter to activate...but I did see "keep hands on wheel" once....now the challenge is to get it again..lol....

...last Friday I took Nautilus to car wash..this morning I noticed a change on the locking and unlocking of the 4 doors..after2 hours of reading..(yes I know I am slow) I found that whoever put the car in the rolling chain at the car wash somehow did press the key fob in a manner that chaged the locking/unlocking function....I did corrected and now all is fine..I must fine a way to get the "hands on wheel" again.....

Nauti-Res 05-28-2019 06:51 PM

Thanks for clarifying availability of the window sticker. I found that site about 2 weeks ago and figured since I had the VIN, it would spit out a sticker. Nope! :-) Will try it again the first week of June...

martinbrown320 07-06-2019 06:28 AM

congrats, i am Martin from new york, i am also willing to buy Suv but my requirement is a litle bit different we also have to use SUV as an emergency towing service at rite way towing nyc so I am confused that which one should i buy.